- 1 What are options?
- 2 Different types of options at IQ Option
- 3 Pros and Cons of IQ Option
- 4 Comparison of IQ Option Trading Types
- 5 Q&A: Understanding IQ Option Trading Types
- 6 GENERAL RISK WARNING
IQ Option has achieved clear dominance as a binary and digital options broker. Today we will look into the different types of options that are available at IQ Option. However, we will start with the basics.
What are options?
An option is a contract that gives you the right to buy or sell an asset at a preset price at a specified moment of time in the future.
Example of an option
Let’s take an example. Company A sells petrol. The cost price of petrol includes among other things the cost of raw material. In our case it’s oil. Oil prices are changing constantly. So the company decides to use an oil options contract in order to mitigate the risk of oil price increase.
So how does the option contract work? For example, oil now costs 100 dollars per barrel. Company A goes to an exchange and concludes an options contract with a broker for purchasing oil at 100 dollars next month.
The company has to pay the cost of the option contract also called the option premium to the broker. For the sake of the example let’s say the option premium is 10 dollars. Now let’s study two scenarios.
One month later the price of oil rises to 200 dollars per barrel as Company A has the option contract for purchasing oil at one hundred dollars, it can use its option contract, exercise the option and buy oil at the agreed price of 100 dollars. Thus saving one hundred dollars per each acquired barrel.
But what if the oil price drops to fifty dollars. In this case, there is no point in buying oil at the agreed price of 100 dollars. As the commodity is available at fifty dollars on the market. In this case, the company does not exercise the option and pays only the option premium to the broker.
Specific terms for trading options
Options trading has its specific terms:
- The purchase time is the time when a trader buys an option.
- The expiration time is the predetermined point in the future after which an option ceases to exist.
- The price of an option contract is called an option premium.
- The strike price is a target level that the opening price of an asset should go above or below for the position to close in the money.
Different types of options at IQ Option
There are two main types of options. Call Options ‘calls’ and put options ‘puts’. A call option gives you the right to buy an asset, a put option gives you the right to sell an asset.
Pros and Cons of IQ Option
- Variety of options available, including binary, digital, and FX options.
- Easy-to-use platform for both beginners and experienced traders.
- Provides educational resources and market analysis tools.
- Limited asset selection compared to some competitors.
- Regulatory restrictions may apply in certain jurisdictions.
- Short-term trading can be risky for inexperienced traders.
Comparison of IQ Option Trading Types
|Fixed expiration times.
|Strike price selection.
|Simpler to understand and trade.
|Potentially higher returns.
|Limited risk management options.
|More advanced risk management tools.
|Popular for short-term trading.
|Suitable for traders with different risk profiles.
Binary Options trading at IQ Option
Options is a popular trading instrument that has many variations at IQ Option platform. If you choose binary options trading you should predict the asset price direction whether the price will go up or down compared to the opening price.
Digital options allow you to choose strike prices. Thus managing your risk more efficiently.
FX Options on IQ Option
Actually, due to the type of instrument, we have 2 different types of options on IQ Option: binary options and digital options. Within these 2 types, we have options on currency pairs. Also, FX options can be both binary and digital options, depending on which instrument you choose.
Foreign exchange options or FX options give you the right to exchange one currency for another at a preset exchange rate at a specified moment in time in the future. FX options have strike prices like digital options. On IQ Option platform you can trade binary options, digital options and FX options.
Today we discussed the 3 different types of options you will encounter on the IQ Option platform. Two of them determine the type of instrument and its performance. The third type, i.e. FX options, is a type distinguished on the basis of related assets, which are currency pairs. FX options are the most traded instruments on the platform. Many people trade them with binary and digital options depending on the strategy used.
If you need more flexible expiration times, choose binary options. If you care about strike price selection, digital options will be the right choice.
What different types of options have you dealt with so far? Do you have your favorite options? Share your thoughts in the comments below the article.
Have a great trading experience.
Q&A: Understanding IQ Option Trading Types
- 🔹Q: What are the main differences between binary options and digital options?
- A: Binary options have fixed expiration times, while digital options allow for strike price selection, offering potentially higher returns and more advanced risk management tools.
- 🔹Q: Which type of option is better for beginners?
- A: Binary options are generally considered simpler and easier to understand for beginners, while digital options may be more suitable for experienced traders.
- 🔹Q: Are FX options available on IQ Option?
- A: Yes, IQ Option offers FX options, which can be either binary or digital options depending on the instrument you choose.
- 🔹Q: Can I trade options on IQ Option if I have no prior trading experience?
- A: Yes, IQ Option provides educational resources and market analysis tools that can help beginners learn about options trading and develop their skills.
- 🔹Q: What are the risks involved in trading options on IQ Option?
- A: Options trading carries inherent risks, including the possibility of losing your entire investment. It is important to carefully research and analyze your chosen options before investing and to have a well-defined trading strategy in place.
GENERAL RISK WARNING
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?